Soil Stabilisation | Butlins, Minehead
Soil Stabilisation at Butlins, Minehead
We were approached by McGoff & Byrne to assist with the re-development of an area of the Butlins, Minehead Holiday Park.
The works, which we carried out over 2 phases, was to provide a Soil Stabilisation solution to an area of the park where some older chalets had been demolished and were being re-built.
What Was Done
Over the 10 weeks we were on site we carried out the following works:
· Topsoil strip and removing stone make-up from old chalet area
· Bulk Earthworks of existing site material, placing ready for treatment
· Lime Modification to the sub-grade and fill material to provide a 5% CBR
· Cement Stabilisation to the entire site area to give a 15% CBR Capping Replacement
· Placing Type 1 Sub-Base to the surface of the Cement Stabilised material
Despite the distance of the contract from our Head Office we completed all works on time and to programme with the specification being fully met.